Monday, March 20, 2017

Project Thunderhawk Restoration Update

Well,


Its been a while since my last update on the Thunderhawk restoration.  In the interim the wings were both sitting in a bucket of alkali stripper, eating away at the terrible green paint and black primer.  Because its been cold in North Carolina, the solvent was a bit less effective, but a couple months submerged did the trick.  I pulled them out, did a thorough scrubbing with a toothbrush and then started with my dental pick.  After about 45 minutes of work, the bulk of the paint was removed, showing some of the bare resin as shown below.  Next up is the main hull of the mini. I'm debating pulling it apart or not; the damn thing was put together using a hot glue gun with worked pretty well, but also gave me these big wads of hot glue (like in the heavy bolter turrets).  Some pics of the progress:






No comments:

Post a Comment